The majority of article writers already have the skills required to get the information out of their head and onto paper but not everyone knows the correct formatting, punctuation or understanding of how a word processing program can make this so much more easier.
Children nowadays are brought up with computers, laptops, iPads and iPhones which require the use of a [keyboard] and there are very few [keyboards] which are arranged alphabetically as the majority are based around the “QWERTY” style or the first six letters on [keyboards].
To begin with, when using the QWERTY [keyboard], there are two small ridges on the “F” and “J” keys which represent where your index fingers should be. The other four fingers then rest on the three keys to either side of this.
The thumb is used to insert a [space] with the [space bar].
- Each hand then uses the fingers in the applicable spot beneath and above each row of letters to type words.
- Practice makes perfect as they say and it is simply a matter of training your fingers to go to the appropriate keys.
- When creating a word processed document and first opening up the program, a blank page appears and this page has absolutely nothing on it just the space where the flashing line is or “cursor”.
- When you start pressing keys and putting in words, again, nothing else is on the page, not even a space, until you put it there.
- The “Enter” key, which normally has the word Enter on it but more often has an arrow which comes below on the right and the dart points to the left, or the return key which does what it displays on the key. It takes the cursor from where you are typing down a line and back to the left margin, ready for the next letters or words.
- When typing any letters, words, phrase and passages, one space is used after a comma and two spaces after a full stop.
- It is also normal practice to leave a clear line space after each paragraph so this means pressing the return key twice before you start the next paragraph.
- There are other tools available for you to make letters, words, and paragraphs and so on, into bold type, italics or underlining them. These three [button]s normally seem together at top most position of page using the initial keys “B”, “I” and “U”.
- You can make letters bold and italic and underlined if you wish or any combination of the three.
Once text is highlighted the computer expects you to tell it to do something with it.
- The shape and character of the letters is known as the “Font” and this can also be changed to a different kind or increased or decreased in size. Again you need to highpoint what you want to change as before.
- The font name appears in a box with a small arrow in a box to the right. Clicking on this arrow displays a long list of lots of kinds of font and each font name is displayed as an example of the way it will look. Simply clicking on any one will change the text you have highpoint into that. Again, it is easy to change back if you need or to try one more.
- To make your text bigger, highlight what you need to transform and [to the right side of font], there is a number with another box and arrows pointing below next to it. Clicking on the arrow will display a long list of numbers and the higher the number you select, the bigger the text.
- To copy any text so you can use it again, or put it onto another document, you highlight what you want to copy and by pressing the [button] you see which looks like two pieces of paper, one on top of the other.
- You then go to the location you want to out the copied text and then select the [button] that looks like a clipboard. The text is then “pasted” where you want.
To completely remove or delete any text, highlight it then press on the [[button]] with scissors displayed.
If you do something wrong such as delete something by mistake there is an absolutely fantastic [button] called “Undo”. However, this [button] is often hidden in a menu somewhere and can be hard to find. Instead, if you press the “ctrl” key (normally on the very bottom left-hand corner of your keypad, and the “Z” key together, the action you have just carried out is reversed. Be careful though as, if you save your document before you undo it, you cannot reverse it!
So, using these simple steps when you are typing articles can save you a lot of time and may even speed up your ability in typing.
To know more join Digital Marketing Institute Dwarka.